CCW Level 2 - Defensive Handgun Training Beyond the Basics
This course is designed to develop skills for the student who carries a handgun. The course will develop shooting skills required for defensive handgun and competitive purposes. You will soon advance to skills that will reduce your reaction time, allow you to shoot faster with higher degree of accuracy and increase your confidence with your handgun. Some drills will be timed.
This Course Will Include:
- Alternate Defensive Shooting Positions.
- Expand upon previously acquired skills
- Pointed vs. Aimed Shooting
- Target Drills and scenarios for effectively stopping a life threatening attack.
- Five step draws from holster drills.
- Defense against protected, drug influenced, and multiple attackers.
- Building Clearing Techniques
- Dealing with malfunctions.
- Increasing Speed and More
- Flashlight techniques for Night Time Shooting
What You Will Need
- Handgun with 300 rounds of factory ammunition.
- A strong-side belt holster.
- A minimum of one extra magazine for semi-autos or two speed loaders for revolvers.
- Baseball Cap recommended.
- Eye and Ear protection.
- Appropriate clothing: You will get dirty and we will shoot rain or shine.
- Pre-requisite: All students must have a current CCW License or have successfully completed a 12 hour training course for the CCW License. Or, successfully completed the Defensive Handgun Level 1 course, law enforcement officer or security officer.
- All Firearms and Magazines MUST be transported UNLOADED and IN A GUN CASE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All ammunition must be kept in a SEPARATE RANGE BAG.
- Cost is $150
Pistols or Double-Action Revolvers in .22, .380, .38, .357, 9mm, .40 S&W and .45 only. Prior approval is required for all other firearms..
Check the availability of this class at our Class Schedule.
Check the Location Page for a map and directions to the class location.