Ohio Concealed Carry Training Course
The Personal Protection Concepts LTD, Ohio CCW course will provide to each person who takes the course a copy of the pamphlet prepared by the Ohio peace officer training commission that reviews firearms, dispute resolution, and use of deadly force matters. The course will include 8 hours of training in the safe handling and use of a firearm that will include all of the following:
- 6 hours of Classroom instruction and 2 hours of range instruction
- Dispute resolution and deadly force matters
- The safe storage, use, and handling of a pistol
- Ammunition knowledge and safety
- The fundamentals of handgun shooting and safety
- Shooting positions
- Handgun Systems, terminology and operation
- Malfunctions and proper cleaning
- The laws that apply to carrying a concealed pistol in Ohio
- Concealment options
- Live fire training
- One hour Written and Practical Examination
You will need :
- A semi-automatic pistol or double-action revolver. Pistols or double-action revolvers are permitted in calibers of .22, .25, .32, .380, .38, .357, 9mm, .40 S&W and .45. Prior approval is required for all other calibers.
- A minimum of 2 magazines or speed loaders and a minimum of 150 rounds of factory ammunition. Reloaded ammunition is not permitted.
- A holster and sturdy belt. Cross draw/shoulder holsters are not permitted for safety reasons.
- Eye and ear protection are a required and baseball caps are strongly recommended.
- In addition, please bring suitable clothing for all weather conditions as we will shoot rain or shine.
- All firearms and magazines must be transported unloaded and in a gun case.
Check the availability of this class at our Class Schedule.
Check the Location Page for a map and directions to the CCW class location.
"The course was concise and comprehensive with enough humor to keep it rolling along." -- Bruce Thomson, Xenia OH
"I recommend this course for everyone -- even those who do not intend to carry a weapon. Very good knowledge/skills to know." -- Desiree Loewit, Beavercreek OH
"Good course for novice shooters and some good stuff for more advanced " -- Bill Jackson, Spring Valley OH
"Excellent course - invaluable for a new shooter." -- Karen Hawk, Fairborn OH